The Canadian Vintners Association provides a unified voice for the Canadian wine industry.
Why become a Member?
We invite all grape wineries from across Canada to become members of the CVA.
It is crucial that the Canadian wine industry have a strong, unified voice to ensure the industry’s continued health and prosperity. That voice comes from the shared interests of valued industry stakeholders, like you. Through the collective strength of our membership, CVA is working to shape the competitive environment and seeking out the most effective ways to advocate on behalf of our members, to meet the business needs and policy interests of the Canadian wine industry.
NEW: CVA has introduced an Associate Member category! We welcome companies, organizations and institutions involved and interested in the Canadian wine industry, and who support the goals and objectives of CVA, to join our vibrant association as an associate member. Associate members will enjoy many of the same benefits and privileges that CVA winery members appreciate, including regular newsletters and invitations to industry workshops, the Canadian Wine Industry Awards presentation and Annual Meeting and Forum. Please note that Associate members are not eligible to vote at the Annual General Meeting. To find out more, contact us.
What we provide our Members
As a CVA member, your winery business will receive benefits that will allow you to become more competitive. The annual savings from CVA efforts, particularly for smaller wineries, often cover or exceed the cost of membership:
Management of Industry issues
- Facilitating the development of industry positions and strategies
- Identifying and analysing emerging issues and trends
- Coordinating action and tracking progress
- Access to association assistance on winery specific and policy related issues and/or approvals
- Influential representation at national and international events
- Leadership on policy and regulatory issues most critical to Canadian wineries
- Close working relationships with Parliamentarians and senior government officials
- Increased visibility through a vibrant business network
- Meet and exchange information with wine industry leaders
- Wine showcasing opportunities at Parliamentary reception events and Canadian Association of Liquor Jurisdiction events
- Participation in the CVA’s exclusive annual advocacy “Vintners Day on the Hill”
Education and Information Sharing
- Weekly e-mail news exclusively available to members including special reports and background on complex issues
- Information and presentations on wine-related topics to expand policy knowledge on critical issues including export readiness, HACCP safe winemaking toolkit, health and social issues, export opportunities, trade negotiations, legislation, taxation, regulation and other important matters
- Preferred discounted access to detailed monthly provincial and/or national electronic industry sales statistics
- Access to statistical consulting service